Saturday, August 26, 2006

My first entry . . . need to make this one count . . haha

Never thought I'd be a statistic, fall into an easy category, but here I am divorced with kids and in my 30s . . go figure. I am not a statistic. I am not a peg. I wish I had some interesting artistic or inspiring item to add here, but I don't. What I do have are my thoughts and insights, which hopefully in the grand scheme of things will be meaningful or at the very least amusing to someone somewhere.

So who is Darrin? I am a father . . first and foremost. It's still hard to believe that I am responsible for the lives and nurturing anything more than the lizards and rattle snakes I used to catch when I was a kid, but I have the privilege and honour to care for 3 of the loveliest young men, my babies.

Josh, Liam and Daniel are more than I could have dreamed. I am in constant awe of their talent, character and ability . . plus they are rather handsome as well!!!! Who'd have thought??? haha

I am also lucky to have Samuel, my step-son, as a member of my family. One of the most talented people I have ever met in my life. I can honestly say there is nothing he can't achieve, nothing. I wish I could say the same of me.



Hmmmmmm what else? I am still finding myself. I have a scream inside me that is waiting to come out, but it needs to stay caged until my kids get a bit older. I let it have a day pass when I was in England for a couple years in the form of a band. Backyard Jam (I didn't name the band!! haha) I've wanted to do everything, write, sing, right wrongs, solve problems, serve the masses. I plan to do all those things . . hopefully this is just the beginning.

OOOO . . . one more thing . . you never know when or how your life will change. Mine has recently. Out of the blue, a beautiful lovely person has come into my life. I am truly blessed. I hope to be worthy of the time those around me give me. . . Here's Kerry!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home